Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: ANONdroid

On 01/26/2012 01:05 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> But don't lose sight of the really big picture: the differences in
> philosophy and threat model between Tor and JonDoNym are much smaller
> than the differences between distributed-trust anonymity designs and a
> single-hop centralized proxy like hidemyass.com.

So to get back to the start of this, it seems like this ANONdroid app is
gaining traction, and I am wondering if the Guardian Project should
endorse it or not. We don't have much interest or time in getting
involved in its development, but on occasion people come to us asking
for a solution to work in places where Tor is not working so well at the
moment, and perhaps JonDoNym is.

I suppose the answer is "read this thread and decide for yourself" or
"create a threat model for mobile users in X country and compare Orbot
and ANONDroid", but if someone can just tell me the right answer, I can

Thanks!

+n8fr8