Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: ANONdroid

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:07, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please see other replies, but the "backdoor" in question is:
> https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/law_enforcement.html

I read the replies and that page — guessed that “backdoor” is meant
metaphorically, but thought that perhaps there was an additional
technical aspect. What's written there is quite obvious — law
enforcement can serve anyone in its jurisdiction a surveillance order.
The IPs of Tor relays are known, so the owners of the relays in
question can be served with an order just the same. I don't see the
principal difference.

> This property also prevents JonDos entry and middle nodes from being
> "hassle free", as is the case with Tor.

Do you mean the added legal liability of being a certified MIX operator?

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)