[tor-talk] TBB font size concern for many users

People having excellent sight naturally don't think about reading small print books or web pages.
But a lot of the general population has a problem with this.

Because of possible browser fingerprinting issues & / or anonymity leaks, TBB users are discouraged from - changing default settings in TBB (like font name or the Default Font size / minimum size). - using addons / extensions - (here, to enlarge fonts) that might compromise anonymity.

Points taken. Where does that leave users NEEDING larger than default / minimum font size? My guess - people w/ these problems just change fonts / sizes by various means, unaware of implications, or just no other choice.

For instance, using default font settings - TBB 3.5 - English, Windows - apparent font size on https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#WhatIsTor is approx. equivalent to 9 pt (I think). Even w/ Windows DPI increased to 110 vs. default 96. For many, the equivalent of 9 pt is pretty small - even for a book. Some pages use *very* small or hard to read font, if users keep the default TBB setting, "allow pages to use their own fonts...."

For some, the default font STYLE - Times New Roman - (in TBB - English), may be less readable than others.

Fonts other than Times New Roman are often recommended for better general readability & for sight or other "reading problems." Other reading problems exist besides eyesight / small font; I don't have them, but they exist.

This general issue is problematic for many non-Tor users & overcoming it is a *technical* issue; in TBB, it involves anonymity - even security / freedom (get caught using Tor in the wrong place, for instance).

What are the *recommended* options for users w/ these issues, that won't increase browser uniqueness or possibly compromise anonymity?

For web sites (or others) looking at font style / sizes in TBB, what effect does using the keyboard & mouse to increase font size (e.g., Ctrl + scroll) have on fingerprinting? Using THAT or similar method, can they still see the font size is different than default?

Just a question - I don't have a perfect answer: what if default font size was increased (some) - or *possibly* other changes - would it put hardship on normally sighted users? Would it cause them equivalent problems that small or harder to read font causes users w/ sight or reading problems?

If changing default font or size, by ANY known method may still cause concern, then developing an extension that plays nice w/ TBB isn't the answer.
Thanks.