Re: [tor-talk] TBB font size concern for many users

Maybe someone has further ideas, comments:

>Re: What effect does using Ctrl + Scroll have on web sites' ability to >detect apparent screen size? >Can sites determine the (selected) browser font name & size & thus, >changes from default setting?
>For fingerprinting?

Using http://browserspy.dk/ - without Flash or Java enabled, they apparently can't see any font list or size selected, in
TBB or Fx.
Nor do they indicate an ability (at all) to detect the font styles / sizes selected in either browser's options. Am I correct, that sites can't detect changes from default _TBB settings for font NAME, size & "minimum font size_", found under Options > Content?

browserspy.dk DOES reflect a change in *screen width & height* ("Resolution") *when screen is enlarged (zoomed) using Ctrl + mouse scroll.*
That may / may not be very useful for fingerprinting?

For me, their reported screen width & height is incorrect - both @ 100% zoom AND w/ zoom increased. That could be because the detected DPI is *also incorrect.* They show: "DPI detected via JavaScript = 96x96, when it's actually 110 DPI.

Is it known that sites CAN detect selected TBB *browser* font names & sizes? And perhaps other browser test sites would show that. If not, it appears that changing font name & size under Options > Content to increase small text, provides LESS browser characteristics than using Ctrl + mouse scroll to zoom screen size.