Re: [tor-talk] Why most democratic contries are most active users of TOR... except Russia of course

Hi,

On January 2, 2016 at 10:49 PM Justin wrote:
> I really doubt that 1.5 million bots are using Tor everyday by the way.

The Mevade.A botnet had 4 million bots, which were using Tor in summer
2013. Some links:

http://blog.fox-it.com/2013/09/05/large-botnet-cause-of-recent-tor-network-overload/
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/the-mysterious-mevade-malware/

Mevade.A has done some mistakes by switching all bots in a short time to
Tor. This behaviour attracts more attention to the botnet:

https://threatpost.com/moving-to-tor-a-bad-move-for-massive-botnet/102284/

I think, Tor usage is a mirror of real world problems. Everybody, who want
s to have a little anonymity, is using Tor. Malicious bots hiding C&C
communication, criminals selling drugs, people watching all kinds of porn,
intelligence agencies and military cyber forces are using Tor.... and so
on.

Human rights activists in bloody regimes with murderous dictators are a
very very small group in real world and it is a very small group among Tor
users too.

Greetings
Karsten N.