Soekris VPN-1401, OpenSSL,OpenBSD and TOR

Recently I had the chance to obtain a soekris vpn-1401 PCI encryptor board, with the following ,

*Specifications:*

   * Hi/fn 7955 security accelerator chip
   * Total system throughput at up to 250 Mbps
   * Compression, LZS and MPPC at 420 to 510 Mbps
   * Encryption, 128/192/256 AES, DES, 3-DES and RC4 at 210 to 460 Mbps
   * Authentication, SHA-1 and MD5 at 325 to 360 Mbps
   * Public Key, RSA, DSA, SSL, IKE and DH, 24 to 70 connections/sec
     using 1024 bit keys
   * Hardware random number generator
   * vpn1401: Low Profile 33/66 Mhz 32 bit PCI 2.3, universal board for
     3.3V and 5V systems
   * vpn1411: 33/66 Mhz Mini-PCI type III form factor
   * Power max 1.8 Watt
   * Operating temperature 0-60 °C

*Software:*

   * OpenBSD fully supported in latest release.
   * FreeBSD fully supported in latest release.
   * Linux support under development, see under support
     <http://www.soekris.com/support.htm>.

I will be using it as a hardware assist for AES encryption , I also picked up the mini-PC version the vpn-1411 for use in a mobile
EVDO/wifi router.. yes initially the stompbox but very quickly it will be openBSD based instead. Its my aim to have a mobile
EVDO based tor router. As the Soekris board used in the stompbox is a 486 type chip, the minipci- AES-encryptor seems to be the only way to run tor on such a lackluster CPU(it does have other tasks to do you know). The above specs would seem to indicate at least AES encryption/decryption wont be the bottleneck.

At 68-79.00 US and exportable with a certificate it would seem to be the cats meow for speeding up tor on certain platforms.

a tor operator

ps I will try and get benchmarks as schedules permit. The slashdot IT tor hacking article was interesting so I decided to look at running amap, nessus and others against location hidden services.onion addresses(I happen to be running a few of these :)
and see what information can be elicted from my hidden servers.