Re: Soekris VPN-1401, OpenSSL,OpenBSD and TOR

Roger Dingledine wrote:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 01:37:44PM -0700, tor wrote:

Recently I had the chance to obtain a soekris vpn-1401 PCI encryptor board, with the following ,

Great. Our most recent alpha release has some support for hardware crypto accelerators: http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Jun-2005/msg00252.html but it's untested because we don't own any. Please test. :)

This is mainly the public key stuff currently, if I understand
correctly.

I will be using it as a hardware assist for AES encryption

Our AES implementation is software-only and ships with Tor currently though. This is because when we started, most openssl's didn't have AES. In fact, many of them still don't. It's on our todo list to start using the openssl AES implementation if available, so we can take advantage of hardware accelerators if present. Feel free to step up and send us a patch for this, if you want it to happen quicker. :)

Thanks,
--Roger

Gee roger... I dont have the time for patching.. as the board is only 76.00 can I ship one to you?
(this will benefit all hardware implementations.. :)

a tor operator ps need your icbm mail receiving address