Re: Finding my exit node

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 11:55:17AM -0400, Jay Goodman Tamboli wrote:
> I'm currently using an exit node that's returning "TorEnd" as the
> response to any HTTP request. Vidalia doesn't seem to work (doesn't
> see that Tor is running), so what's the best way to find out what my
> current exit node is? I'd like to email the owner or at least report
> the problem to someone.

Your question really has no answer, since the Tor circuit that you just
used five nanoseconds ago might have already been closed (or simply not selected)
by the time you use Tor to access a service to look up the exit node it
sees!  But, you can try this link:

http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ipaddr.pl?tor=1

Happy hacking,

Geoff