Re: Sending mail through TOR/Socks

On 7/18/06, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
No, Tor is smarter than that: your Tor client knows the exit policies
of the Tor servers, and it picks an appropriate exit node.

Ah, that's good to know, I had certainly hoped the developers wasn't so careless as to overlook something like that.

If I had to pick a reason for your problem, it would be that only 2 of
the 700 currently running Tor nodes allow port 25 to exit, and these
are likely on all sorts of SMTP blacklists.

Hmm, if my webhost does block the TOR port 25 exit node, then it would make sense they would had blocked both. Which means I should not be able to send emails at all.