Re: New Torbutton (1.1.4-alpha)

Thus spake Jens Kubieziel (maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> * Mike Perry schrieb am 2007-07-11 um 10:55 Uhr:
> > Thus spake Jens Kubieziel (maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxx):
> > > IMHO there should be check box for managing the cache by yourself. Like
> > > it is at privacy and cookie settings.
> >
> > Is there a good reason behind this wish? The cache can store unique
>
> It's about choice. Assume that I want to manage FF's cache by myself.
> Then I'll have no option to do it unless I stop using Torbutton.

But why? I can actually create a lot more options if you just want
choices. There are a couple things torbutton just does automatically
(like making sure you never query google's safesearch for every url on
the fly), and some actions (like the web history+form history+login
history option) come bundled together as a single option.

Torbutton is already bordering on an obscene number of nobs.. There is
room for this one, I guess.. But if I do this, and split the history
options out into seperate settings, we're talking about at least 10
more options (6 more history, 1 more cache.. plus at least 3-4 more
others if you want *everything* to be an option). That is getting a
little ridiculous, and I'm running out of space for nobs. Is all this
really needed?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist