[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
What happens when I shut down my Tor-server?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: What happens when I shut down my Tor-server?
- From: "Alexander W. Janssen" <alexander.janssen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:49:24 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:49:34 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=n1G+T5ugceoHAnl4kXYEXH+rD67V9FidCvAmRYh93FQ46yZ/1mq2G66fgFCi1f7IrOyEEt2T4PKMy17rIWgglYFShxdStl2gnQZlf4hwY26INC2z72xTLPVJmtllKa75WWa8aU8+yYtaCQiU4ls0Eh9uwGN3GWz43JUzIGuCbfw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=LfxOR3lGeueI05XTEsbVTtWElf+mdiST8f77A3gKPQbx/B6rif7YOxeLC4RYzqKT/osDPAPlQB/2LS5PGai89uCVFVU6q/ocOkbsXH8vDi6zG5+TYLDvonfZ1/Ih9dkzrql2VeZRyiCKpxyA4U7hKjgl1CtVAcGiS8ntR2hBREw=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
for maintenance-reasons I had to shut down my server today. However,
after shutting down the server I realized that there's still much
traffic, although shutdown was 30 minutes ago.
So, does the server tell it's peers that it's going down? Does it
deregister? Or is that stray-traffic?
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it
should be stopped."
-- Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator, on the Smithsonian Institute, 1901.