Re: On the performance scalability of Tor

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 07:52:14PM -0700, Mike Perry wrote:
> Thus spake Mike Perry (mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx):
>
> > RELAY_EXTEND is the way this is done. I believe clients can and do
> > send multiple RELAY_EXTENDs in a row, so it's not like its a
>
> Sorry, I'm a moron. I meant to say RELAY_BEGIN. Also, Roger/Nick,
> please correct me if these can't be issued concurrently.

They can be issued concurrently. Tor doesn't care.

Also, with HTTP/1.1 pipelining to the actual website, we just need to
open a single TCP stream (one RELAY_BEGIN) and we can then fetch many
pages in a row.

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than fetching them in parallel. I
suspect Juliusz (the polipo developer) has opinions :), and I'll defer
to him.

--Roger