Re: Blocking child pornography exits

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 03:03:40AM -0400, Ron Wireman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why doesn't the EFF implement an option like 'no_exit_cp="YES"' for
> server configurations that would allow people to block child
> pornography?  I wish to run a tor exit node but, having been molested
> as a child, will not do so until such a feature exists.

Hi, Ron.  This discussion comes up every few months or so, and
generates more heat than light.  See my posts to or-talk around 15
May 2006,  in particular

   http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/May-2006/msg00196.html
and
   http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/May-2006/msg00199.html

Short version: If I knew how to build a version of Tor that could be
used only for Good and never for Evil, I surely would.  But I have no
idea how to do that well, and I don't think anybody else does either.
(There are proposed solutions to do that.  They are bad.)

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson