Tor and HTTPS

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid but looking for some
clarification. I've read that using HTTPS over Tor actually reduces
your security due to the bypass of your local proxy (Privoxy, etc) -
 is this the case for all usage or does it justs affect hidden
services? For example, if I am accessing Hushmail via a Tor-enabled
Firefox browser, is that traffic not protected by the anonymized
circuit or otherwise less secure than a connection to a port 80 web
site?

Thanks -nD

--
Enter for Your Chance to WIN*
The TotalBeauty.com Summer Spa Sweepstakes!