Re: Feature idea: dedicated onion/exit middles and rates

--- On Thu, 7/31/08, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi. Thought that there might be those out there that may
> wish to allot their middle node resources to specific types of
> traffic or a combination thereof.
>
> onion only - for supporting onionland
> exit only - for supporting realworld
>
> These two could be implemented with an advertised flag of
> some sort. And they would use the currently existing bandwidth
> limiters.
>
> onion/exit blend - for supporting both as desired
>
> This would use two new limits that when combined add up to
> the existing overall limits. Or maybe a priority based system
> if one type would happen to not saturate the overall limits all
> the time.

I don't think that this could be enforced by the middle node since I believe that in theory a middle node has no idea what sort of traffic is passing through it.  If that's the case, it would be left up to the clients to respect the middle node's wishes, ... not likely. :)

-Martin