Re: problem with connecting to a hidden service

     On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:46:33 -0400 Sambuddho Chakravarty
<sc2516@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Scott Bennett wrote:
>>      On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:28:02 -0700 Kyle Williams <kyle.kwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Sambuddho Chakravarty <sc2516@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> This is the nature of a over saturated network.
>>>

>>      This claim keeps appearing on this list, yet I see my node usually
>> using in the range of 10% - 40% of the limits I set on it to stay within
>> Comcast's monthly cap.  Back before I ran into Comcast's secret police
>> division and had to set limits, it spent most of its time in the 35% - 70%
>> range.
>>

>Pardon me my lack of knowledge of English language , but do you mean
>that 4 out of 10 chances you are able to connect to your hidden service
>and earlier you had higher success rate (7 out of 10 ) ?

     My apologies.  I should have written it more specifically.  The part of
Andrew's claim to which I was referring was the part about the "saturated
network".  Given that the average data rates on my node typically run in
the lower half of its capacity to around the middle of its capacity, rather
than near the upper limit, regardless of limits upon its data rate capacity
imposed by either hardware or torrc, I find the saturation claim questionable.
     Sorry about the confusion.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG