Re: Newbie needs help

     On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:24:45 +0200 Christian Fromme <kaner@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx>
>On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Scott Bennett<bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>     On UNIX systems, the default signal sent by kill is SIGHUP.  Is that
>> default signal different on LINUX systems?
>
>Not meaning to sound like a professor here, but the default kill
>signal is SIGTERM on systems I have used. YMMV.

     I guess my recollection was wrong.  I should have looked at the man
pages before posting. :-<  The man pages on Solaris and FreeBSD also both
say that SIGTERM is the default.  I always specify the signal, so I guess
I must have gotten the default mixed up somewhere.  Mea culpa.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG