Re: VoIP telephony building like Tor

     On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:33:33 +0400 James Brown <jbrownfirst@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Praedor Atrebates wrote:

>>> And what about phone calls, including call to ordinaty telephones?
>>>

>> You might want to take a look at zfone and zrtp.  zfone is a free software
>> phone that originates zrtp, an encryption scheme about to be implemented into
>> a number of other free softphones (ekiga, for instance).
>>
>> http://www.zfoneproject.org/prod_zfone.html
>>
>> If you and your recipient have zfone (or a zrtp-enabled softphone) then it
>> will automatically establish an encrypted, secure connection.  You don't get
>> anonymity but you do get privacy.
>>
>> praedor
>>

>I need alsa to call to ordinary phones and I need in impossibility for
>Government finding my place.

     On a FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE system, a "cd /usr/ports; make search name=phone"
yields a lot that is irrelevant, but also a few that you might look into a
bit further.  Extracting the important lines gives:

Port:   kphone-4.2_2
Info:   A voice over internet phone
WWW:    http://www.wirlab.net/kphone/

Port:   linphone-3.1.2,1
Info:   A web phone that supports SIP protocol
WWW:    http://www.linphone.org/

     In the search output there was also a couple of video conferencing tools:

Port:   cphone-0.3.2.c.20060407_5
Info:   H323 Video Conferencing Program which uses QT
WWW:    http://cphone.sourceforge.net/

Port:   ohphone-1.4.5_5
Info:   H323 Video Conferencing Program, compatible with NetMeeting
WWW:    http://www.openh323.org/

     A "make search key=zrtp" turns up:

Port:   twinkle-1.4.2
Info:   Soft phone for your VoIP communcations using the SIP protocol
WWW:    http://www.twinklephone.com/

     Disclaimer:  I know nothing about any of the software listed above.
I cannot say whether it will do what you want done, nor can I vouch for
its security.  You may choose to find out more at the web sites listed
above, or you may simply ignore this message.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG