Re: [tor-talk] Tor for upcoming FirefoxOS?

On 07/02/2013 09:26 AM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:

> does anyone made a technical analysis to understand whenever would be
> possible to have Tor running on upcoming FirefoxOS ?
> https://people.mozilla.com/~myk/r2d2b2g/

We've talked to Mozilla multiple times about this possibility. They even
invited us to a special event in Mountain View around a "secure Firefox
phone".

The main issue is that they don't want to allow native binaries to run
on the device as part of apps themselves. We can easily write an HTML/JS
controller GUI, aka OrbotHTML, but we can't bundle in a native Tor arm
binary into that app, apparently.

They said we must cross-compile any native code into Javascript. I am
not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not.

Perhaps we are just not talking to the right people.

+n