Re: [tor-talk] Will Tor affect Internet Explorer? (newbie question)

A Survey on the Security of Virtual Machines
Info on browsers - based on Whonix

Running Tor in a vm isn't totally secure, as some software can escape the vm into the host os, but that's more in-depth than most, if not all, newbies need.

Honestly, the most direct route is to throw tails/whonix on a jump drive(rather a write protected DVD or an sd card with the write protection switch enabled). Boot up, and run Tor with no java/flash, and https everywhere, as configured by default in TBB.

Sent from my iPhone