Re: [tor-talk] (no subject)

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014, at 11:42 PM, ideas buenas wrote:
> Do a Whois lookup of  the addreses I gave u before  and check that all of
> this resolve to markmonitor.  s3-us-west-2-w.amazonaws.com
 amazonaws.com is registered with Markmonitor, yes: The 'registrar' is
 MarkMonitor, Inc and the 'registrant' is Amazon.com, Inc.
Nothing bad about that, Markmonitor are a big Registrar - if you don't
understand what 'registrar' and 'registrant' mean, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_system#Domain_name_registration

> <http://edge-star-shv-04-gru1.facebook.com>
> just when I was visiting www.lemonde.fr ?
 If you mean that address appears in the status bar when page
 http://www.lemonde.fr/ is loading, look at the bottom of that page.
 There is a Facebook logo.
Le Monde have a Facebook account, and they are letting Facebook put
tracking links in their webpages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_analytics
 So they are trying to track you, but probably only to sell you things.
This is something that Torbrowser is designed to stop, as long as you
clear cookies between sessions.
GD