Re: [tor-talk] Almost everyone involved in developing Tor was (or is) funded by the US government

On 2014-07-23 18:05, Tempest wrote:
Kristy Chambers:
Have I written, that there is anything creepy about that?
The basic question is, in how the tor project can be trusted if we look
on suspicious activities of tor developers (e.g. choosing worse design
decisions).

the fundamental logical fallacy that one has to accept in order for the
article to raise alarm is that everything the us government agencies do
that are mentioned is evil. for how large the us government is, in
particular the agencies mentioned, reaching such a conclusion should be
treated with a high degree of skepticism.

Not only that, but it should be noted that there is a case for the government making something so strong that even they can't break it: China and a few other countries. They are working on breaking Tor too and, if the US can do it, it is just a matter of time before China will be able to.