Re: [tor-talk] OnionBalance Hidden Service has over 1 million successful hits in just 3 days

Similar from me :

torsocks ab -c 10 -n 10000 http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/

Tom

Ben schreef op 05/07/15 om 10:02:
Much the same, but with some stats (some of which are likely irrelevant,
but I poached the line from another script I use)

#!/bin/bash

torify curl -w
"%{http_code},\"$HOST\",\"$URL\",\"%{url_effective}\",%{time_total},%{time_namelookup},%{time_connect},%{time_redirect},%{time_starttransfer},%{size_download},%{size_request},%{num_redirects}\\n" -o /dev/null http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/ >> metrics 2> /dev/null

Running in a while loop that triggers 4 requests at a time. Only got as
far as setting running on one host

Sharif Olorin <sio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi s7r,

I know there are people who built scripts to make automated requests
to this hidden service (thanks!): please share them on the mail list,
with as much details as you can. The more we know about how the
requests were made, the better we can make out of these numbers.

Dead-simple for my part:

```
cat >> ~/bin/stresstest.sh <<EOF
#! /bin/bash

curl -s --socks5-hostname localhost:9050 http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/
/dev/null
EOF
chmod +x ~/bin/stresstest.sh
```

I then ran twelve instances of the above script in
parallel (continuously in a `for ((;;))` loop) (four per host, three
hosts each with their own Tor instance). This was done for just over 72
hours from Jul 2 04:00 UTC. I'd meant to add some simple
metrics-gathering/reporting of request time and the like (or maybe just
Torify something like `siege`) but ultimately didn't get a chance.

Sharif