Re: [tor-talk] OnionBalance Hidden Service has over 1 million successful hits in just 3 days

Hello,

Here are the latest counts for the OnionBalace hidden service
http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/ :

Failback instance #1: 2329348
Failback instance #2: 1822384
Failback instance #3: 2025677
Failback instance #4: 2109677
Failback instance #5: 2202052
================================
*TOTAL: 10489138*

Uptime is ~2 weeks. We have passed the 10 million threshold, not bad,
especially for a ~2 week period of time. Logs are here:
https://www.sky-ip.org/onionbalance/

Each failback instance had 2 introduction points in the master
descriptor.

Thanks to everyone who contributed in this! Please stop the automated
scripts which connect to this hidden service now. I am temporarily
shutting it down for 1 or 2 days, in order to install a script which
will collect rendezvous circuit statistics on each failback instance.
We need this info since we can't say how many clients or circuits made
the 10 million successful hits from above.

In the next part of the test we will make sure we use a separate
rendezvous circuit for each request, using a modified third party
script with -tor-auto-isolate. This is extremely high load on the
network and it's VERY RUDE to do it in the wild with Guards (also
responsible for other users traffic). For this reason, I have asked
TheCthulhu for a high end server where I've setup a non-public bridge
to be used for this. This way, at least we won't be hammering on
Guards. I want to run it for shorter period of time (max. 72 hours),
but at 'full speed'.

Who is interested and able to help, please email me directly and I'll
provide the necessary tools and info.

Results and logs will be made public immediately after. I want to see
how many different rendezvous circuits can be created with a hidden
service (failback instance) if it has only 2 introduction points in
the master descriptor and how many such circuits will each server
take. It might be helpful for deciding related to prop 224 (next
generation hidden services) - merging HSDirs and IPs - how many of
them should a hidden service have by default.