Re: [P-box] (fwd) Tor Hardware Router (Tor in a box)

Hi Marco,

> In fact pbox Level II is quite similar to the configuration
>  you drafted; the major problem if you want to use
>  it as a dedicated computer (you really mean "router" isn't it?)
>  is the memory footprint & cpu power; embedded processor are in the
>  range of 64-128Mb, non-upgradable, and Pentium 233 equivalent.
>
> https://www.winstonsmith.info/pbox/index-e.html
>
> But the Tor route use a lot of bandwidth, so if you
>  can afford it, probably you can afford anoter dedicated
>  pc or blade too.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Ciao.   Marco

The WRAP from PC-Engines.ch was just a "lowcost" example (about 150 Euro).
The embedded engines from Soekris.Com have much more power and should
work for a tor-in-a-box-router solution.

have a look here: http://www.soekris.com/products.htm
for example the net4826 would be a good thing.

the quys at m0n0wall (http://m0n0.ch/wall) "ported" their solution
to the soekris platform, too - so we should be able, too ;-)

greetz,

numE