Re: tor-resolve

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:11:00PM +0200, Cristiano Paris wrote:
> Any plan to support DNS queries other than "A" (i.e. MX, NS and so on)
> in tor-resolve? This will allow to run, for example, a
> transparently-anonymized SMTP server (a-la transocks).
>
> Mmmmhhh... Mind you, I'm not an email spammer... :) Just wondering...

We need a better reason than this. ;)

Currently we have no plans to do any of this in the near future.
I'm not convinced the increased complexity would be worth it.

In the meantime, try forcing your resolver to use TCP, and then
connect to a DNS server via Tor and make your requests that way.

--Roger