Re: What will happen to Tor after the new German data retention law takes effect?

Hi Everyone,

   Just wanted to throw out some thoughts. Since, from what's been said
here, the draft is about keeping connection data and not content
wouldn't it be possible to make Tor nodes (servers and clients) make
trivial connections to other servers even just something like a
syn<->syn,ack<-fin,rst kind of handshake so that the network load isn't
much but any logs would be replete with random connections data
obfuscating the actual connections (yes I know security through
obfuscation isn't optimal). The time between make/break could be
randomized to help muddy the waters.

   I do realize that this would incur a heavier number of open
connections on a server. I'm sure that someway could be found to keep
the random connections from overwhelming resources (i.e. connections
without active data flow get dropped first if resources get low).

   anyways just thoughts in the wind.. I'm sure the Tor Devs are
probably gnashing teeth and pulling hair as a hundred reasons why it's a
bad idea stream through their minds.

Take Care

Freemor <freemor@xxxxxxxx>
Freemor <freemor@xxxxxxxxxx>

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG

See: http://gnupg.org/ for more details