Re: Obfuscated URLs?

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, Max <petersonmaxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> already in here:
> http://offsystem.sf.net

I don't think that system is like what I am suggesting.
I will have to read more (it does sound cool), but it
sounds a lot more like freenet.

I am not just talking about a system to create
distributed storage (although it would be nice to be
able to do so with what I am suggesting), but a
mechanism to hide stuff on the normal internet.

Maybe I just want to send you a URL to an article
but don't want you to know where that article is
hosted so as to not bias you towards its content!

Lastly, just because some other projects achieve
similar objectives to what tor achieves does not
mean that tor is useless.  I suspect many of
these systems will eventually achieve similar
results coming from different angles.  I see that
as a good thing, not a bad thing, especially
since it is hard to know what is the best
implementation before hand.  I hardly think that
anyone would complain if tor could magically
replace all those other systems without
compromising it's stated objectives, do you?
Surely, it would be nice to not have to install
another system to deal with one slightly
different use case.