Re: Automated threat messages force limitation of Exit Policy (Softlayer)

Thus spake Moritz Bartl (tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On 27.06.2010 04:17, Mondior Folimun wrote:
> > I also allow 465 and 563. Those are used by authenticated SMTPS and
> > NNTPS.
> > There's also the chat ports: 1863 (MSN), 5190 (aim), 5050 (yahoo), 5222-
> > 5223 (xmpp/gchat). Those haven't given me any problems either.
>
> Thanks. I have added them to the exit policy.

Please get back to us in a week or so with info on your abuse
complaint rate with the new policy. I'll update
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
with the policy if it does in fact drastically reduce your abuse
complaint raint.

(Though I suspect the SWIP will also help greatly. I am beginning to
believe that these abuse-bot companies deliberately pick on new
hosters who do not have their own IP allocation specified to bully
them off the net).

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist