Re: Automated threat messages force limitation of Exit Policy (Softlayer)

I also allow 465 and 563. Those are used by authenticated SMTPS and
NNTPS.
Thanks. I have added them to the exit policy.
Please get back to us in a week or so with info on your abuse
complaint rate with the new policy. I'll update
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
with the policy if it does in fact drastically reduce your abuse
complaint raint.

It does. There are still some old complaints by MediaSentry and BayTSP being forwarded, but the timestamp clearly show dates before I changed exit policy.

Other than that, I have recieved a few SpamCop reports, most of them about spam being sent through HTTP/Webmail, but two recent ones about spam being sent through ESMTP, eg:

by mtaout-ma04.r1000.mx.aol.com (MUA/Third Party Client Interface) with ESMTPA id 54B3FE000091 for <x>; Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:36:22 -0400 (EDT)

Fortunately, SpamCop uses my direct contact address now instead of going through my ISP.

I will soon set up a (b)log about all incidents. I'll also talk to a lawyer (and friend of mine) if I am allowed to publish all complaints.

--
Moritz Bartl
http://www.torservers.net/