Re: [tor-talk] Tor doesn't connect over a proxy

On 2016-06-06 14:45, katerimmel@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 2016-06-06 14:15, katerimmel@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello
I'm trying to connect Tor over a proxy in Qubes. In proxy machine I
have a
proxy software (JonDo) while in the AppVM I have installed Tor. In
torrc I
have setup as socks5 "ip of proxyVM" and as port "4001" (JonDo port)
but
Tor bootstrap always stops at 80%, showing this:

"Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 80%:Connecting to the Tor network. (No
  route to host; NOROUTE; count 3; recommendation warn; host
A705AD4591E7B4708FA2CAC3D53E81962F3E6F6 at 46.166.170.5:443
2 connection have failed
2 connection died in state connect()ing with SSL state (No SSL subject)
The connection to the SOCKS5 proxy server at "ipVM":4001 just failed.
Make
sure that the proxy server is up and running"

I tried to setup before in whonix but without result

Thank you

Your setup isn't safe. The proper setup is to have tor running in the
"Proxy VM" and then then have the "App VM" tunnel all traffic over
through the Proxy VM. I'm not sure why you are using JonDo. Since they
first charge for their services and because of it have billing records
and they are also proven to keep logs on the amount of bandwidth you
use.

Keep in mind they state:
"Only the following non-individual-related information sent by your
browser is stored:

the visited webpage (URL)
browser typeÃââ/Ãââbrowser version
operating system
referrer URL (the site visited before)
time of the server request"

in their privacy policy.

You are by no means anonymous while using JonDo nor safe as since they
store the information they could be forced to hand it over. It puts you
at risk. Just setup a traditional who-nix setup.
--
Not Friendly

Hello
Thank you for your reply
I want setup jondo before Tor
Vpn-->JonDo-->sys-whonix-->anonwhonix (vpn and Jondo in the same proxyVM) I use tor to navigate but I would use JonDo for a more long chain (in this
case JonDo see only tor traffic)
Well I can say one thing about this. With the long chain you are going to have serious latency issues. Using Tor alone is sufficient. Increasing the chain length doesn't add to your anonymity nor security but it does slow down the connection a lot further.
--
Not Friendly