Re: [tor-talk] Question for those who say "Tor is pwned"

On 6/20/2016 7:10 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:

If you want to read a lot more on this topic -- including how Tor's
design changed in response and how it still needs to change -- check
out the blog post here:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/improving-tors-anonymity-changing-guard-parameters

(Also, yes, this mailing list has gotten out of control. We are all
distracted doing more urgent things, but I think we should soon find
the time anyway to proceed to the "clean up our lists" plan.)

--Roger
Thanks. Very sincere questions arise - is the reason Tor / Tor Browser doesn't / hasn't change(d) yet to counter the worst of threats - often large players or states controlling or monitoring too much of the network, mainly because of difficulty of coding the changes - meshing w/ rest of the code? I truly appreciate what Tor Project does, but if I lived in a hostile state, I'd be afraid for my life to use Tor Browser. * Or, are solution(s) deemed "good enough" typically difficult to conceive, much less implement?
* BEcause large nations have massive brain power & almost limitless funds?
* A lack of Tor man power (lack of funds), brain drain to the NSA / FBI; kibosh by the navy on changes? Or several, or other reasons?

We've read for many years now, how countries - or cooperating countries - devoting enough time & money may well de-anonymize some or many users, depending. I posed that question / theory many yrs B.S. (before Snowden) & I know relatively little about *fine* details on packet timing, etc. I'm not a coder. (That idea was shot down __immediately & decisively__ by Tor mgmt). :) Yrs later, we're still talking about same exact problem(s) - some improvements, several of which many advanced users & "researchers" say may still be woefully inadequate. That we're "whistling past the graveyard." Note: "Just because someone says something repeatedly with conviction, doesn't make it true." For anyone.
Thanks.