Re: [tor-talk] Interview with NSA "I Hunt Sysadmins" guy

On 06/29/2016 07:04 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://theintercept.com/2016/06/28/he-was-a-hacker-for-the-nsa-and-he-was-willing-to-talk-i-was-willing-to-listen/
> The sender was a hacker who had written a series of provocative memos
> at the National Security Agency. His secret memos had explained ...
> how the NSA breaks into the digital accounts of people who manage
> computer networks, and how it tries to unmask people who use Tor to
> browse the web anonymously.

Alot of people like to say "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing
to fear",  these are the same kinds of people who live in a dream world
constructed from their personal biases in wanting to believe the world
is all well and that there is no corruption or abuse of power, and the
USA government is not corrupt and would not target its own citizens.
They are in denial of the truth. The USA government illegally targets
its own civilians in many scenarios. Not because those civilians are
doing anything wrong, but for simply existing. They are all scooped up
in the automated dragnet systems put into place. Though sometimes some
civilians are selected for more targeting, either through automation or
manually. Not because those civilians are breaking laws, or criminals or
any threat to public safety, but because they are sysadmins whom either
have access to networks and systems, or because those civilians choose
to take safety measures in this dangerous hostile cyber-world, whether
that be using linux (NSA xkeyscore targeted civillians whom researched
linux among other software), or Tor to name a few.