Re: reconsidering default exit policy

Geoffrey Goodell wrote:

# reject private networks (no surprises!)  My understanding is that you
# might want to eliminate the 127.0.0.0/8 line if your kernel
# short-circuits connections to local services and if you want those
# services to be available to Tor users who happen to choose your Tor
# node as an exit... someone please correct me if this is wrong.

I can't imagine why a kernel would rewrite destination addresses that way, but it doesn't matter since the kernel sees the packets after they come out of Tor. But I could imagine a case where the DNS resolver returns 127.0.0.1 when a machine looks up its own hostname (even though that doesn't sound like it should happen either).

Wes Felter - wesley@xxxxxxxxxx