Re: reconsidering default exit policy

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:56:57AM -0500, Rod Begbie wrote:
> As a compromise, how about blocking 6667 and 80 in the default tor
> ExitPolicy, then having in the supplied torrc:
>
> # Port 80 (HTTP)   Administrators running routers with port 80 open
> # have received abuse reports regarding Google Groups, and been
> # added to the IP blacklist at Wikipedia
> #ExitPolicy accept *:80
>
> Easy to enable if you want to, and the server operator is aware of
> the risk.

Personally, I dont think blocking port 80 or 6667 should be default and
that your text is a bit to much info to add to the torrc.

A notice on where to find the default exit policy has been added to torrc
in the cvs (http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Mar-2005/msg00073.html).
What dou you think of adding another example?

#ExitPolicy reject *:80 # deny http, otherwise use the default policy

/Thomas