[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Please RTM!...Re: Please don't recommend Tor Button!
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Please RTM!...Re: Please don't recommend Tor Button!
- From: light zoo <lightzook@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:36:38 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:37:27 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=OZSOL78DJcDnVuDXzQ/ogIYu67fgG1f4uV4y3rdWoQ8PjIzvZSKD3WOVJGHlV2DLsudl21P/NuqYho/24tTq1jUDQVcSm4yTa+CbA/1zztDATKlt6YsyI+H4+SWFlLtrTzx+1xufcrIUXugFp9GCt/cOKYLyDkKHSFJtE11YADI=;
- In-reply-to: <20070328115221.05a878f0@localhost>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could you post a pointer to the part of the Tor
> documentation that you're referring to?
If I have time today, yes. There is a wiki entry
stating those need to be set to break.
I was referring to the fact it is suggested is set
those so they'll break, I wasn't specifically
referring to TorButton.
> The relevant parts of the documentation that
> I'm aware of recommend to set the gopher and
> ftp proxy settings to Privoxy, to make sure
> those requests fail instead of bypassing Tor:
Maybe I was overly harsh then, I can see where the
confusion may came from if someone read these
sections. If one thought you _had_ to follow the old
directions above then yes, it would seem like
TorButton is mis-configured.
> If the Tor button extension would indeed
> remove these settings permanently, I'd consider
> JT's concerns valid.
TorButton handles these correctly and does not route
them into Privoxy, it just breaks them with a zero
port...which is what was recommended by the Tor devs.
when Scott Squires when building TorButton (as far I
There is no need set those up to go into Privoxy if
the port is zero.
Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.