[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor breaks slashdot
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor breaks slashdot
- From: "Michael_google gmail_Gersten" <keybounce@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:26:48 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:26:57 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=YvmT+qngvOSmpzJoxbWqVKOiwFjB6GjQNseLkh2aZw5rY/uH2ivWluqg2JapeJ/qtDcKAmOEfqP2Zmu6wTAFr6zUq6TWMKXSiGc2Kvb7HlHiGIUKhqVNMty1jWMczxhwnOXhw3L3w2XYJ7DxAeFChXuXt9+9xhk9BxkW7j0IAG0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=llNuyvLQ4EmdH3aCcgGp9PzJx4eM7X0utRTpaCiLil63eS6gcEDHHJt4h0q4cFQEp6WPHPdXrfGjYJ2QrM9umoFPP6jXnWH7K1amPz4TI8s5zGVy/nx3uTRz1fnRYT34RkKQ9kfL2IN4qxsh2NIUuA1v9Mrn9+cYNWkIxOUPyII=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I spoke too soon. It is still broken. And, further investigation now
tells me what's going on.
The repeat case: Go to slashdot. Log into an account that uses the new
discussion system. View any page.
Expand a "hidden" discussion topic. It will work.
Switch to Vidalia. Ask for a new identity.
Switch back to firefox. Try to exand another hidden discussion topic.
Vidalia will show a connection opens to slashdot, and then closes.
Nothing else will change in the browser -- you will not see the full
text of the discussion (only the short blurb that came with the
original page), and you won't see the parent/reply buttons.
It is not so much triggered by Tor, but by using a different
connection than the original page.
Since Tor will change connections after (I think) 10 minutes by
default anyways, this can occur without using "new identity".
On 3/30/07, Michael_google gmail_Gersten <keybounce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/5/07, Michael_google gmail_Gersten <keybounce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tor seems to be destroying slashdot's new "hidden, display on demand"
> discussion format.
> Test environment: Firefox 220.127.116.11, Mac os 10.4.8, privoxy 3.0.6, tor rc 9.
Ok, the pictures for this are up at http://www.stb04.nccom.com/ftp/tor-slashdot/
Please note: This was broken in rc 9. It is working (tested today)
with rc 12, Mac os 10.4.9, and Firefox 18.104.22.168. Same privoxy :-).
I don't know which upgrade fixed it, but it does work now.