Re: Full bandwidth is not used.

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 10:17 -0500 schrieb andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 09:32:59AM +0100, paulepanter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.4K bytes in 39 lines about:
> : > What did you configure for your bandwidth limits or accountingmax?
> :
> : I did not configure them and so the defaults are used. arm is displaying
> : Â(cap: 5 MB, burst: 10 MB)Â.
>
> Ok, then Tor will figure out how much bandwidth it can reliably provide.

On what conditions does that depend?

> If you look at your (datadirectory)/state file, it will show you how
> much bandwidth tor has been providing over time.

I guess arm is using this or something similar to display the bandwidth
usage of Tor.

Looking at `DataDirectory/state` directly I cannot figure out how to
interpret the values. Maybe I need tot enable bandwidth accounting.

       $ man torrc
       [â]
       DataDirectory/state
              A set of persistent key-value mappings.  These are documented in
              the file.  These include:
            - The current entry guards and their status.
            - The current bandwidth accounting  values  (unused  so  far;  see
            below).
            - When the file was last written
            - What version of Tor generated the state file
            - A short history of bandwidth usage, as produced  in  the  router
            descriptors.

       DataDirectory/bw_accounting
              Used to track bandwidth  accounting  values  (when  the  current
              period  starts  and  ends; how much has been read and written so
              far this period).  This file is obsolete, and the  data  is  now
              stored  in  the  âstateâ file as well.  Only used when bandwidth
              accounting is enabled.
       [â]

Searching the WWW for Âtor state bandwidth did not help either.

Thanks,

Paul