Re: tor 0.2.1.24 crashes on Sparc-Solaris10

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 08:23:30PM +0100, Thomas.Hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I always run a tor node on my Sparc engine which is connected to the
>net via DSL and always runs without problems. So the 0.2.1.22 did. Now
>I got the sources of 0.2.1.24 and installed them doing the same commands
>as I always do.
>
> When starting tor it comes up but crashes within one minute.

Try these:
http://freehaven.net/~arma/tor-0.2.1.24-dev.tar.gz
http://freehaven.net/~arma/tor-0.2.1.24-dev.tar.gz.asc

It includes:

  o Major bugfixes:
    - Fix a regression from our patch for bug 1244 that caused relays
      to guess their IP address incorrectly if they didn't set Address
      in their torrc and/or their address fails to resolve. Bugfix on
      0.2.1.23; fixes bug 1269.

I guess that bug could conceivably cause a crash on an overzealous
compiler.

I'm waiting for the fix to get some testing in 0.2.2.10-alpha before
putting out the new stable.

--Roger