Re: [tor-talk] How can the video play in TBB without plagins?

On 3/26/2012 12:10 PM, Seth David Schoen wrote:
TBB deletes cookies when you quit it... It's true that Google can use cookies to track a particular Tor user within a TBB session, including from one Google site to another.
Thanks for the input. My point exactly. Most users aren't going to completely close TBB after visiting google sites. I imagine even a very large % of Tor users, much less avg internet users, have ever read Google's new privacy policy, have any idea of their capability to track users, etc. Your point is well taken, but I doubt a majority of TBB users will close the browser, after they leave a google site & make sure that all google cookies are deleted (ALL google pages & probably sites linked from google pages).

One could use some cookie mgr addon that allows for temporary cookies, that are deleted when a web PAGE is closed, but most won't do that either. Of course, this may be the least of worries for users of TBB or any other anonymity software / methods. I assume at this point, TBB devs aren't concerned about google (or any other) tracking cookies, or else TBB wouldn't come w/ cookies enabled by default. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be concerned - maybe there's good reason. I don't know the answer to that.