Re: [tor-talk] Can I set multiple socks5 proxies within torrc for my tor?

Thanks Gerard,

How to use the Tor API to periodically reset the value of the socks proxy?
I don't hear of this.

Regards.

> On 2/28/14 6:12 AM, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
>> If I have more than one socks5 proxies and I
>> want to let use them for the purpose of load-balance  in the torrc or
>> by othere methods.  Is this possible or not?
>>

> No, not possible out of the box. It's quite hard to define what
> 'load-balance' would actually entail here. It would probably be something
> along the lines of what Multipath TCP does.
>
> You could use the Tor API to periodically reset the value of the socks
> proxy. That's probably a different kind of load-balancing than you had in
> mind.
>
> Regards,
> Gerard
> --

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493