Re: [tor-talk] How to use globe to find obfs2/3 bridges for me to use?

08.03.2014 00:39, Hongyi Zhao:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that the following website:
>
> https://globe.torproject.org/
>
> On the above site, it has the some descriptions like this:  Globe is an
> application that helps you find and explore
> Tor<https://www.torproject.org/>relays and bridges.

Interesting. The description can be interpreted as you did and I'm not
sure how to phrase it to avoid confusion.

Atlas and Globe (both using data from Onionoo) present details about the
network. E.g. what relays exist and what flags they have. This includes
their public IP address. You will find bridges, but their listed IP
address is not their real IP address. Bridge IP addresses got sanitized
to avoid adversaries querying and blocking them.

> So I want to use this tool to find obfs2/3 bridges for me to use.  But
> don't know whether is it possible and how  to do this by using the above
> website.

Only the default ways for getting bridges can be used, where you can
request obfs2/3 bridges as well. This tool is not what you are looking for.

I'm curious if this is a mistake that occurs more often, in which case
Atlas and Globe should probably do something to not confuse users.

Regards,
Sebastian