Re: [tor-talk] Tor on OpenBSD 5.6

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 06:38:40 -0700, D. R. Hardy <drhardy84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

I've been trying for several days to install Tor on OpenBSD 5.6 with hopes
of setting up a relay.

OpenBSD uses the Korn Shell.

When I try to tar the downloaded Tor browser file I get:

(*tar xvJf tor-browser-linux64-4.0.4_en-US.tar.xz*)

If your goal is to setup a relay on OpenBSD, why are you downloading the linux version of the Tor browser bundle?

I think you might want to start with the source tarball here instead: https://www.torproject.org/dist/tor-0.2.5.11.tar.gz

Also, consider updating LibreSSL to the latest 2.1.6 version before compiling Tor.