Re: os x kernel panics

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 08:26:28AM +0200, loki der quaeler wrote:
> for phobos, i've attach a panic log with 3 kernel crashes (10.3.9
> current patches, installed the general 0.1.0.7-rc package downloaded
> from the link on the website on the mac osX install directions page)
>
> for roger, i see this under osX when launching tor - perhaps it's just
> bad verbage but it seems like it says its using kqueue:
> May 20 08:20:53.850 [notice] Tor v0.1.0.7-rc. This is experimental
> software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
> May 20 08:20:53.858 [notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1 using
> method kqueue

Yes, it really does look like it. Gosh.

Ok, Adam's workaround can best be explained by:

"edit /Library/StartupItems/Tor/Tor and place "export EVENT_NOKQUEUE=1"
just before the setting of TORLOC."

Please give this a go and let us know if you can (or can't) trigger any
more kernel panics. If this one works, then I suppose we'll just find a
way to disable kqueue on OS X because they've gotten it wrong on every
single version. :}

Thanks,
--Roger