Re: Crazy with Exit nodes

On 02.05.2007 10:46:28, Fabian Keil wrote:
> "Mr. Blue" <trashdsfg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > When I go to:
> > http://www.whatismyipaddress.com.tamaribuchi.exit/
> > I get expected response AND IP.
> > But when I go to majority sites in form like:
> > http://www.domain.net.tamaribuchi.exit/
> > I get:
> > Index of /
>
> Web servers that are responsible for more than one
> domain rely on the HTTP "Host" header to decide which
> content you're interested in.
>
> If you use Tor's exit node notation in the URL,
> the browser will also append it to the Host header.

> The latter can be done automatically with Privoxy's
> hide-tor-exit-notation filter, you can also do it
> manually with Firefox extensions like "Tamper data".

The privoxy rule by itself won't work in most cases. At least my
installation of firefox does use this:

GET http://www.example.com.node.exit/path/to/somewhere HTTP/1.1
Host: www.example.com.node.exit

The Host: will be modified, but not the GET. This is still futile since
I encountered many a webserver ignoring the Host: header with the query
as above.

Greetings,
	Benjamin
--
Go away, or I will replace you with a very small shellscript!
	http://shellscripts.org/