Re: www.torrify.com

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 03:52:29PM -0600, Sam wrote:
> ???
>
> isn't TOR a volunteer effort?

Tor is a non-profit effort, which isn't quite the same thing -- we have
been funded to research and develop Tor over the past five years by
groups ranging from the US Naval Research Lab to the Electronic Frontier
Foundation. But yes, we have intentionally avoided a lot of the ways we
might commercialize Tor, because we feel they would be bad for the Tor
community long-term. The Tor software, protocols, and network must remain
open and free: so people can evaluate it, decide whether they trust it,
etc, and also so we have the best shot at providing good anonymity.

> Are they using TOR and making $$'s off it?

The two organizations are aware of each other and working to clear
any issues.

Stay tuned. :) And feel free to contact us if you have any questions
or concerns.

--Roger