Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.2.2.26-beta and 0.2.2.27-beta are out

On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:51:34 +0200
Olaf Selke <olaf.selke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19.05.2011 08:54, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> >
> >   o Major features:
> >     - Set SO_REUSEADDR on all sockets, not just listeners. This should
> >       help busy exit nodes avoid running out of useable ports just
> >       because all the ports have been used in the near past. Resolves
> >       issue 2850.
>

> Roger, you made my day!
>
> Does this also help to reduce cpu load and will this feature be
> introduced in the 0.2.3.x tree, too?

This change has already been merged to the 0.2.3.x tree (the âmasterâ
branch in our Git repo).

I have no information on whether this change will reduce CPU load on
large relays and exits, but I would not expect it to reduce CPU load.

Robert Ransom