Re: [tor-talk] Recommended Android SMS App?

On 05/31/2011 01:24 AM, CACook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyone recommend a quality SMS app that has security in mind?
> Tried TextSecure, but despite the developer's assurances it -cannot- send pictures.

If a quality SMS app had security in mind, it probably wouldn't support
sending pictures!

TextSecure does a great job at secure SMS over GSM-only situations. It
would be great for it to support MMS, but truly securing that with
end-to-end encryption as it does text requires a lot more work,
bandwidth, etc.

If you want to securely share pictures, I would use Android Privacy
Guard with K9-Mail - you can encrypt files with APG using public keys,
then send as an email attachment.

+n