Re: [tor-talk] wget - secure?

From: <helpfulnoob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi

-------- Original Message --------
From: Matthew Kaufman <mkfmncom@xxxxxxxxx>
Apparently from: tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] wget - secure?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 19:14:51 -0400

Hello,

Thanks for these config settings, Does it also leak if I use: >
torify wget http://example.com >
?

Is this what torify does?

I dont understand what you're asking. Does _what_ also leak? In my http tests [1] DNS and Headers didn't leaked (SOCKS4a and SOCKS5), but, I couldn't test the IP issue with FTP
PORT Robert Randsom wrote about (I'm ignorant of testing methods).
I cant write about torify as I didn't test. But yes, I believe it can be used to 'force' wget through Tor. Whether that would help with the FTP IP Robert Randsom wrote about, I
have no clue, I don't know if torify does FTP.

You can force WGET to use Tor just by using the WGETRC directives

use_proxy = on
http_proxy = http://127.0.0.1:8118/

--
Dave