Re: [tor-talk] 'Refresh tor browser' - and then it wasn't one anymore.

Is that the "Haven't seen you in a while" type message?

I've had a few problems with false positives triggering that in vanilla
firefox, to the extent I've now got a logout script that
removes ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/.parentlock (as the message is triggered based
on the mtime of that file). IMO that's probably un-needed functionality in
TBB

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 07:00:36AM +0200, Andreas Krey wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just had the TBB ask me something to the lines
> > of 'refresh tor browser?', and I sleepily said
> > yes, and now the browser apparently has lost
> > the addon that is the tor process underneath,
> > and just says 'the proxy server is refusing
> > connections'.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Can you file a Tor Browser ticket on trac, with as much detail as you
> can? Especially including which Tor Browser version it was, and what
> platform it was for? And what path / where on your system you had
> installed it to? And what happened when you tried restarting it?
>
> There appear to be a bunch of recent tickets on update problems with
> Tor Browser 6.0a5, e.g.:
> https://bugs.torproject.org/18928
> https://bugs.torproject.org/18947
> https://bugs.torproject.org/18951
>
> But I haven't seen any tickets about Tor Browser 5.5.5 (the stable
> release).
>
> --Roger
>
> --

Ben Tasker